Rolling aluminium and its alloys is one of the principle ways of converting cast aluminium slab from the smelters and wrought re-melts into a usable industrial form.
Further rolling can produce the thinnest of foil with a thickness as low as 0.006 mm, approximately one-third the thickness of a human hair!
Altus stock and supply one of the widest range of aluminium sheet, plate, and coil in New Zealand.
Our stocked range of products include:
- Flat Sheet
- Heavy Gauge Flat Sheet
- 5005 general purpose alloy is low to medium strength with good formability suitable for sheet metal work
- 5052 Marine Grade alloy is medium strength with good weldability, ductility and corrosion resistance
- 5083 Marine grade Lloyds certified is highest strength of the non-heat treatable alloys with excellent corrosion resistance and welding properties.
- 6061 Engineering grade alloy is high strength with good machinability, weldability and good corrosion resistance
- 7075 Engineering grade alloy is very high strength with good machinability. Not suitable for welding